10 Steps to Building a DIY Website with WIX - Part 1 of 2
Instructor: Beth Miller, Communications that Blossom
This two-part workshop is a combination of lecture and hands-on web building.
A website is still a critical tool in your online marketing arsenal. This class is NOT for complete beginners. If you’ve tinkered with one or two or have one that just isn’t working, this workshop will help you take a big step forward using Wix.com, one of the top do-it-yourself website development tools available.
In this interactive, two part, hands-on workshop you’ll learn the 10 simple steps to take a website from start to finish by finally building a simple site, in class, by yourself.
1. Set clear website goals
2. Determine your visual style
3. Incorporate the “9 Website Must Haves”
4. Understand DIY website terms and jargon
5. Compare DIY web building tools
6. Select and register a domain name/URL for your site
7. Select a hosting plan
8. Find the right template design
9. Transform the template with a color palette and content
10. Boost search engine rankings
You’ll end this class with at least two pages of a website, ready to post live.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the SHSU SBDC at 936-294-3737 for accommodations, or if you have questions about this class.
Online registration is not available at this time.